- Kinect Z Buffer Noise and Audio Beam Steering Precision
- Eighteen Reasons Why You Should Not Follow Bill Sardi's Children Flu Season Vaccination Advice
- C++ Morsels: Why does C++ distinguish between member and pointer-to-member?
- Mammoth by John Varley
- C++ Morsels: std::for_each functors member variables
- C++ Morsels: Initializer List Execution Order
- Junkyard Wars Snowplow
- The Witling by Vernor Vinge
- 285 Semi Accident at Parmalee Gulch
- Fevre Dream by George R. R. Martin
I happened to be at an AMD party at SIGGraph 2002 (San Antonio) at a bar several stories above the riverwalk. Out on the patio I was chatting with an engineer when I noticed this stunning flower behind him and had to stop to shoot it. I swear, sometimes nature is more bizarre than fiction -- doesn't this look like some sort of crazy alien psycho flower that would have tried to eat the protagonist of some B-grade sci-fi flick?
Update: I've learned it is a Passiflora Caerulea or Common Passion Flower.